Sunday, June 7, 2009

Compost Update

We emptied the composter that dad got for my birthday this week. I thought some of you might like to see.

Ian is showing you the finished compost. And I thought you might like to see the inside of the composter after I had emptied it. The smallest finest stuff was still stuck in the grooves, but that should help the next batch to get off to a good start.

My batch was in for about a month and a half. I just scooped up my existing pile, so it was partially composted, but still to get all of it to be good and usable in 6 weeks is definitely faster than my piling method.

I think I'm a definite fan, although, I will still have a pile for the daily additions, that is the one downside, if you keep adding to the barrel, then you'll always have some stuff not broken down.

No comments: