Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Memphis the Lab Rat Part II

Memphis the Lab Rat! Get it? HARHARHARHAR!











The NCSU Vet school decided that Memphis had enough seizures during the 4-week evaluation period to continue with the study. The rest of the study is divided into 2 8-week periods, with a 2 week "washout" period between them. In one (randomly selected) period she will get the drug, in another she will get a placebo. I guess the experiment is triple blind, since the researcher, pet owner, and pet do not know which period is which. Memphis never knows what is going on anyway...

Memphis is currently 2 weeks into the first 8 week period. Updates to follow.

The best part of the study so far was the comical survey I had to fill out. The questions were of the "strongly agree, agree, neutral, disagree, strongly disagree" variety. The questions were similar to: "I believe that my pet is aware of my moods." and " I am in touch with my pet's feelings."

No comments: