Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Daniel said....

I would post more. I was so unfamiliar about the process that I thought I'd let you all know what we are headed for. Here at things that we need to do:
The many things to complete:
1. Attend Orientation Interview (11/11/08)
2. Send Completed Application and Description of Services to agency (11/13/08)
3. Give the Bishop's reference letter to your bishop (11/16/08)
4. Schedule In-Take Interview
5. Have Intake Interview
-Background Check
-Pay first installment
6. Complete and Turn-in paperwork
7. Attend Adoption classes
8. Home visit
9. Individual Interviews
10. Caseworker completes study summary
11. Committee meets for agency approval
12. After approval, turn in 20 copies of picture collage and birth parent letter.
13. Put our profile on-line for birth mothers to view.
14. Wait and hope for that little baby that Heavenly Father wants in our home.

This is going to be a long process with tons of ups and downs. You all will be more informed than non-family. As steps are completed I will date them. I am keeping a list of this on my blog. So if you want to see how far we are (or are not) you can check there - it's on the side.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Good luck with all of this. If there is anything we can do to help, let us know.

Ryan said...

Good luck!