Sunday, September 13, 2009

Brent's Theory gets published

Brent observed to me once that being members of the Church seems to erode our social skills, possibly because church gets substituted for sociality. This makes me sad, especially when I think about Brother Joseph's take on the subject.

Anyway, my brother's most recent post at by common consent refers to this by recounting a conversation with me. I observed to him that when we invite non-LDS friends over for dinner, we always get reciprocal invitations. When we invite LDS friends over, we never do. I'm not complaining (insert snarky comment about how I'm a better cook than they are anyway here) but it was from Brent that I first heard the idea, so I thought I better give credit where credit is due.

1 comment:

Scott B. said...

Oops. Sorry for the wrong credit given!