Friday, September 4, 2009

So, I'm teaching yoga...

In the last week or so, I have made arrangements to teach yoga to kids. About two months ago, I heard about a teacher training that was happening in Durham and I thought it sounded fun, but it was expensive. When the teacher said that a lot of students teach right away after attending her workshops, I started thinking about teaching in order to cover the cost of the training. So, anyway, a lot of thought and talk later, I have an arrangement with lady who runs the local Holistic Healing Center (which is only a year old and is very close to where we rented the house in downtown Raleigh near the campus).

I thought you might like to see my little class descriptions on her website. I have put up a couple of flyers and my friend Meg from Oregon is graciously creating a lovely logo for me. So far I have one student, the daughter of the lady who runs the center. But I'm hopeful.

I also found out this week that I will be able to complete the teacher training with my teacher (Carson) before we leave. Her program is going to start in January and finish in April (or May). We'll have 5 weekends together in that time (Friday 5 - 9pm and Saturday 9am-9pm. I'll miss the Sunday class, but she said that she'll still let me come) and every Wednesday. I'm very excited that it will work out! So, Heather, you can start advertising for me--I'll be ready to teach when we get to Logan next July:)

No comments: